[ppml] question on 2006-2 v6 internal microallocation

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Aug 29 18:43:57 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 06:27:44PM -0400, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Let's be clear on a few things. Yes, I don't disagree on DFZ. There's
> a bit if dyslexia in there. The second is that we aren't claiming anyone
> is settlement free, but as you can imagine from a our ranking, going
> from 1 to Nth is settlement free.
>
> They are publicly available here:
>
> http://www.renesys.com/products_services/market_intel/rankings/

Well, on the subject of posting irrelevent things for the sake of posting,
what does "size of customer base" have to do with default free, settlement
free, or transit free? There are some folks with much smaller networks
who legitiately ARE transit free (through paid peering with everyone) who
aren't anywhere near that list, and there are other folks with much larger
networks who do pay for and receive full transit feeds who worked their
way in right after the Tier 1's (which stop at #8). Not saying that this
isn't interesting data, but it has absolutely no relevence to the "* free"
discussions.