[ppml] Staff Objections to Policy Proposal 2006-2

Stacy Taylor ipgoddess at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:43:06 EDT 2006

Hi All!
In preparation for St. Louis, the authors and I have reviewed what we
believe to be the objections to 2006-2.  We took the ARIN staff
comments very seriously,
The new iteration of the policy does not contain the sections
referenced in the first five bullets of the Staff Comment slide, (
found here: http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XVII/PDF/tuesday/2006-2-intro.pdf).
 We do believe that these comments need to be addressed, as they
reference existing text in the NRPM, but they are no longer germane to
the policy as it is now written.

The last bullet point references viable justification of a request
submitted under this policy.  The authors have posted a very detailed
justification about why a microallocation would be required in this
one very specific instance.  An applicant would need to demonstrate
the reconvergence lag to qualify.

--
:):)
/S