[ppml] Resurrecting ULA Central [was: Re: Policy Proposal 2006-2: Micro-allocations for Internal

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat Apr 29 01:30:18 EDT 2006

> Having said that, ULA space is different, precisely because it is not
> intended to be routed publically, so IMO it's much less clear that the
> same amount of leverage is needed/appropriate.

	Please clarify "routed publically" please.
	it seems roughly akin to the prohibition on
	RFC1918 space from showing up on the "public Internet"
	and we -KNOW- that RFC1918 space is seen in the
	Internet, despite the RFC prohibition.

	In my view, public routing is anything that crosses
	my AS boundary into someone elses ASN.  Which kind
	of leaves ULA space as space the be hidden behind
	a NAT device.

--bill