[ppml] "Recommended Practices" procedure

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Apr 28 16:21:16 EDT 2006

    > Given the pro's and con's of addressing this issue at ARIN/NANOG vs IETF.  Who supports taking this to IETF and who supports taking this to ARIN/NANOG?
    > I ask this so that I know which way to push this.  It appears there are a few of us willing to work together in order to try and find a resolution.  However, I would really like community input on where they would like this resolution "created/pushed".

I think the IETF is the best home for the document.

I think that NANOG is neither a home for documents, nor a place for
creating them.

I think that ARIN is a place where we can create documents and export
them.

I think that we may have trouble reaching consensus though, in which case
it may not be clear what to submit.

                                -Bill