[ppml] Setting policy v setting expectation was: "Recommended Practices" procedure

Houle, Joseph D (Joe), BSMO jdhoule at att.com
Fri Apr 28 13:19:57 EDT 2006

Marla et al:
   Policies can change... but that does not un-do what had been done
under earlier policies.   It may be near impossible to undo what gets
done.
   Once ARIN policy allocates "site-sized" blocks for IPv6, the
expectation to route /48-sized blocks will have been set.
   ARIN doesn't set routing policy, but ARIN policy does set
expectation.
   I do not support this policy with the allocation size of /48.

Joe Houle