[ppml] "Recommended Practices" procedure

Azinger, Marla marla_azinger at eli.net
Thu Apr 27 18:49:44 EDT 2006

Hi Michel-

If work on 8+8 truly stopped completely and nobody is looking at it at all, then I'm curious why it still comes up in conversation as one of the possible fixes (given improvement).  However, that said, I do hear Shim 6 mentioned much more and how this one might be the best chance at creating a solution.  I don't believe that Shim 6 has been disbanded yet.

I believe working on improving shim 6 or resurrecting others and improving them would be done because "some of us care" (I'm sure I can hear some laughter out there, but I care).  I know its tiresome to keep discussing and work on, however I believe supporting both sides of the coin.  One being we want to multihome and two being we need to keep the routing tables healthy.

I'm an optimist
Marla