[ppml] Resurrecting ULA Central [was: Re: Policy Proposal 2006-2: Micro-allocations for Internal Infrastructure - to be revised ]

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Thu Apr 20 17:04:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 04:36:37PM -0400, Thomas Narten wrote:
> Would there be interest in resurrecting the ula-central document?

Speaking only for me, yes.

It would seem mildly clever to put the AS number somewhere in the
network number (pick an appropriate range of bits in the prefix), and
then hand out the appropriate /48 implicitly with any AS received from
an RIR (including legacy AS holders, obviously).

I'm completely in favor of this idea.  On the other hand, if the IETF
can't quite get this thing wrapped up, I'd be in favor of a simplified
2006-2.

-David