[ppml] Mutating RSA -- Policy Proposal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Apr 18 17:03:20 EDT 2006

Template: ARIN-POLICY-PROPOSAL-TEMPLATE-1.0

Policy Proposal Name: RSA Modification Procedure
Author
name: Owen DeLong
email: owen at delong.com
telephone: 408-921-6984
organization: DeLong Consulting (OrgID: DELONG)
Proposal Version: 1.0
Submission Date: 4/18/2006
Proposal type: N
new, modify, or delete.
Policy term: P
temporary, permanent, or renewable.
Policy statement:

Add a section 11. Adminstrative Practices to the NRPM as follows:

11.	Administrative Practices
	11.1	Changes to the Registration Services Agreement
		a)	All changes to the registration services agreement shall
			be posted to PPML and discussed as any other ARIN policy
			change.

		b)	The BoT shall have the authority to veto any proposed
			change to the RSA if doing so at the advice of counsel.

		c)	When a change to the RSA is to take effect, ARIN shall
			post the new RSA on the ppml and arin-discuss lists as
			well as any additional lists ARIN staff feels would
			be appropriate (such as nanog at the time of writing)
			at least 30 days before said change would take effect.

Rationale:

It is currently being discussed on PPML that ARIN has a new policy of
being able to modify the RSA without notice and suggesting that everyone
review the ARIN web site every 30 days to see if it has changed.  This
situation is untenable. The above policy is intended to bring the RSA
into compliance with other ARIN policy-related procedures.

I am proposing a new section 11 to the NRPM because there really isn't
a good place for it to fit in the existing sections. This is by no
means intended to be a complete study of ARIN administrative practices
and I would anticipate that other proposals in the future would
expand and refine section 11.  However, this is intended to create a
place for such issues in the NRPM and to address this specific issue
in that place.

Timetable for implementation: Immediately upon acceptance by the BoT after
last call
Meeting presenter: Owen DeLong

END OF TEMPLATE