[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-1: Provider-independent IPv6 Assignments for End Sites - Last Call

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Mon Apr 17 17:17:15 EDT 2006

On 17-apr-2006, at 22:41, David Williamson wrote:

> Oh, and in case it isn't obvious, I'm very much in favor of 2005-1.  I
> think PI space until such time as it isn't needed (if ever...) is far
> preferable to nothing deployed and running out of v4 space.  Yes,
> there's a ways to go before that event, but it's coming soon enough to
> already look to me like a train wreck.

Question for those of you in favor of the policy proposal:

If you're not ISP / IP carrier:

Are you planning to obtain an IPv6 PI prefix as per the proposed
policy and then deploy, say, 25% or more of the services you now
provide over IPv4 over IPv6 using those addresses? And if so, how
soon would this happen?

If you are an ISP / IP carrier:

How many people that are going to do the above are you going to
provide IP transit for? And how soon do you expect these people to
start doing this?