[ppml] Policy Proposal 2006-2: Micro-allocations for Internal Infrastructure

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Thu Apr 13 11:22:51 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 07:55:00AM -0400, Scott Leibrand wrote:
> On 04/12/06 at 10:56pm -0400, Harold Ritter (hritter) <hritter at cisco.com> wrote:
> > This solution as been applied and tested with ipv4 and is also
> > applicable to ipv6.
>
> Is this actually available in IOS (for either IPv4 or IPv6)?  If not, how
> long would it take to get it tested and made available?

...and interoperable with other vendors.  I do think fixing BGP would
be a nice solution...I'm just dubious about the timeline required.

It's worth noting that the same problem exists in v4 and v6.  It's the
general habit of single allocations in v6 that makes it much more
noticeable, compared to v4.

-David