[ppml] PI Policy 2005-01/2006-04: issues

Thomas Narten narten at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 6 15:47:07 EDT 2006

On Monday afternoon, we will be discussing the two PI for end site
proposals (2005-01 and 2006-04) at the ARIN meeting. The hope is that
during the meeting, we can reach agreement on one proposal (possibly
with modifications) to move forward. On the other hand, I have the
fear that the discussion will fracture, with support split between the
two proposals, a resulting deadlock, and then no clear way
forward. Let's try to avoid that outcome.

I will be posting several follouwp messages, each one focussed on
comparing key differences of the two proposals. The aim then is to
have discussion on these differences (individually) in order to find
common ground on the key elements. Having discussion of the form "I
like proposal X better" aren't helpful in this context. Discussion
about "I support aspect Y of proposal X, and here is the reason why",
or "I don't think either proposal gets this part exactly right, and
here is what I'd propose instead" would be much more constructive.

Thomas