[ppml] Definition of an (IPv6) End Site

billd at cait.wustl.edu billd at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Apr 6 11:00:17 EDT 2006

As I said earlier....

My definition would be.....

I would suggest that it implies that the organization's network is not used
to provide for-fee transit to other networks not under their own management.
In addition, depending upon architecture and communication strategy, an
organization might choose to deem a particular element of it's distributed
network a separate end-site, or consider the entire distributed
infrastructure a single end-site.

In such case, the hardware chain and you as an ISP would perhaps jointly
figure out what the best definition is for each independent, or some
aggregate....it's a business and architectural issue.

But, I believe that if each individual HW store is to be deemed and
end-site, then they may be restricted by a policy hurdle to acquire PI
space.

Bill Darte