[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-1: Provider Independent IPv6 Assignments for End-sites - Revised Text

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Fri Sep 30 17:18:52 EDT 2005

Thus spake "Kevin Loch" <kloch at hotnic.net>
> Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>>  The rationale is to be conservative, but  holding this to only the
>>  Fortune 10 and cellular carriers seems to be slightly tilted towards
>>  detrimental to the adaptation and use of IPV6.
>
> I agree.  what number would you pick to balance conservation
> with encouraging deployment?

My two cents: the lowest possible number that will still get approval.
Martin's 25k/2yrs sounds much more reasonable than 100k/1yr, and I would
hope others here would back that.  Could we go even lower safely?  I'm not
sure.

Does anyone have any stats on the number of ISPs and businesses that would
qualify at various levels?

Stephen Sprunk      "Those people who think they know everything
CCIE #3723         are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
K5SSS                                             --Isaac Asimov