[ppml] 2005-2, was Re: ARIN XVI - Policy Proposals

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Mon Sep 26 12:07:29 EDT 2005

At 10:56 -0400 9/26/05, Member Services wrote:
>ARIN will hold its next Public Policy and Members Meeting in Los Angeles
>on October 26-28, 2005. Meeting and registration details can be found at:
>http://www.arin.net/ARIN-XVI/index.html

>Policy Proposals carried over from the previous Public Policy Meeting:
>2005-2: Directory Services Overhaul

There has been a lot of email on this, but not recently.  (The last I
found was dated mid-June.)  To me it doesn't look like the on-line
version of the policy reflects any of the post-Orlando discussion.

Considering the volume of discussion until mid-June, the amount of
territory this (ambitious) rewrite covers, and the limited time
available in LA to talk about this, it seems that it would be good to
have a "state of this policy proposal" documented somewhere.

(I say limited because, no matter what the percentage of meeting time
is dedicated to this topic, it won't be enough to get this proposal
done.  Every time a v6 proposal is put up - it strives to consume all
available time too.)

If I could dedicate the time to summarize this, I'd volunteer, but I
can't.  I'd also feel out of place as I'm not the
author/editor/submitter of the proposal.  (I'm not trying to point a
finger at Leo and say he should do it, rather my summary would carry
no real weight.)