[ppml] 2005-1 or its logical successor

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Oct 27 21:22:00 EDT 2005

      On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
    > For those who couldn't make it  to L.A. (I am assuming  you did), could you provide some
    > context for this ?

A revised-by-committee manglement of 2005-1 was presented, which had a ton
of restrictions piled on top of it, which made it useless.  That is, there
was no remaining constituency for it.  A huge queue of speakers denounced
it, and only one person spoke in its favor, Dan Golding, and he said the
only reason he supported it was because he thought fixing it later would
be faster than revising it again.  Fortunately, sanity prevailed, and the
whole thing was sent back to the drawing board to have all the junk
stripped back off.

Which, I think, brings us back to the original 2005-1.

So my question was whether there's anyone who, having seen the much
nastier alternative, doesn't now support the original 2005-1?

                                -Bill