[ppml] 2005-1 or its logical successor

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Wed Nov 2 18:47:21 EST 2005

I agree with "does not" and "should not," but "will never have"
is not clear to me.

> if the IP community were
> to seek regionalized aggregatability in its block
> allocations, then "geo" is not what the end users would want.

Current policy is to allocate on geographic regional
boundaries.  Each RIR allocates from separate IPv4 /8s and IPv6
/23s.  The fact that network operators do not aggregate, or
that operators connect in multiple regions, is beyond the scope
of ARIN to remedy.

Lee