[ppml] IPv6>>32

David Conrad david.conrad at nominum.com
Tue May 10 18:33:23 EDT 2005

Michael,

On May 10, 2005, at 3:02 AM, Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:
>> For me, the sentiment derives from the discomfort of knowingly
>> deploying something that is (arguably) broken.
> I can understand this. It is common among technical people
> and artists. You seek perfection.

Err, no.  I'm in the software business, I gave up on perfection long
ago.  :-)

I think it more accurate to say I prefer to make new mistakes instead
of repeating old ones.

> Stewardship is not the same as conservation. Stewardship refers
> to wise use of the resource.

I agree.  I guess my feeling is that "wise use" precludes profligate
waste on the off chance that someone will, at some point in the
lifetime of IPv6, come up with a cool application that absolutely
requires 2^80 "endpoint identifiers".

Rgds,
-drc