[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 HD ratio

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue May 10 14:39:26 EDT 2005

In a message written on Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:42:39AM -0500, Bill Darte wrote:
> It seems to me following the various threads that there is little resistance
> to the HD Ratio change.

Of the people who have voiced an opinion, I agree there is clearly
agreement on the HD Ratio Change.

However, I'm concerned that so far it is a relatively select group
making comments.  Almost all the comments for or against are from
people who are either involved in the IETF process, or members of
various RIR groups.  I'm sure this is in part due to the fact that
"Joe Random" ISP in the ARIN region probably isn't making IPv6
assignments at this time, and thus the addressing people who might
otherwise speak up aren't saying anything.

As much as I enjoy a good debate, as an AC member I think it's
critical we dig into what the ARIN membership, and public in general
want.  In particular on this issue, I'd like to hear from people
who are working for ISP's giving out IPv6 space at this time.  While
there are a few, there are some, and they are the only real world
experience we have to draw on at this time.