[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 HD ratio

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Tue May 10 12:42:39 EDT 2005

There has been great discussion on this list about aspects of IPv6
conservation beyond what the current policy specifies.

One of the major components of that conservation discussion has been
changing the HD Ratio for subsequent allocations.  The change to .94 from .8
in the proposed policy change arises from work by Geoff Huston and his
presentation at the ARIN XV meeting IPv6 Roundtable along with others.

It seems to me following the various threads that there is little resistance
to the HD Ratio change.

Bill Darte
CAIT - Washington University in St. Louis