[ppml] 2005-1:Business Need for PI Assignments

Davis, Terry L terry.l.davis at boeing.com
Mon May 2 00:23:38 EDT 2005

About four years back I made these points in presentation to the UTC:
- Your home is going to be a member of multiple IP-v6 networks. These
include:
	Energy providers (gas and electric)
	Water
	City/county/state/federal
	Communications
- Your energy system is likely to consume somewhere between 500 and 1000
addresses by itself.  (count every electrical device in your home,
including wall sockets!)
- Video services
- Communications services (phone etc)
- Government is considering a v6 address for your property to use for
everything from emergency services to tax collection.
- Electronic equipment service requirement reporting

Take care
Terry