[ppml] Directory Services - section 3.4.3

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jun 15 04:01:59 EDT 2005

It's based on IPv4 and ARIN being unlikely to gain territory or a
significant additional percentage of IPv4 allocations.  Admittedly,
v6 could change things, but, frankly, it looks like v6 will most likely
make the database smaller not larger unless significant policy changes
take place.

However, another thing to consider is that when things do change, so
can policies.  I'm betting we can change ARIN policies if it becomes
necessary much faster than IPv6 will cause the policy change to be
necessary.

Owen

--On Tuesday, June 14, 2005 20:13 -0700 Jeff Williams