[ppml] tossed over the wall...

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Thu Jul 14 13:30:31 EDT 2005

An I would argue that /64 never makes any sense. The claims about a PDA only
needing one assume that it will never be dropped into a cradle of a vehicle
suddenly enabling various subnets (freight environmental or inventory
monitor, dispatch service) to reach out or be reached with independent
access controls. A /64 puts the carrier in the position of telling the
customer they can't build anything more than a single lan, where a /60
removes that limitation with effectively the same impact on space
utilization.

Tony