[ppml] Proposed Policy: Adding an HD ratio choice for new IPv4 allocations

Charles Scott cscott at gaslightmedia.com
Tue Feb 22 09:14:44 EST 2005

PPML:
  As this has been introduced before I would like to copy a message I
posted a little more than 1 year ago regarding the validity of HD ratio
with respect to ISP allocation/re-allocation. I don't believe that these
specific questions were addressed the last time HD ratio came up. I am
still not convinced that there is sufficient reason to introduce HD ratio
as it appears to address a problem that is questionably applicable to
end-user utilization and apparently not applicable to ISP
allocation/re-allocation. As the rational for HD ratio is being applied to
the needs of ISP's, I would appreciate an explanation as to how and why HD
ratio would be applicable.

Chuck Scott
cscott at gaslightmedia.com