[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-9: 4-Byte AS Number

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Thu Dec 22 20:42:09 EST 2005

I took the lead from the name of the IETF draft ("draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes")
rather than the document's title or its body (which uses "octet").

Frankly, I didn't think much about this choice at the time, and I've no
particular opinion either way and if folk think that its more consistent to
use the terminology "octet" in the place of "byte" in the proposal then I
have no problem in making such a change.

Geoff