[ppml] Proposed Policy: 4-Byte AS Number Policy Proposal

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Dec 14 03:58:25 EST 2005

> I would prefer hex notation for the numbers. When numbers get larger,
> the ASCII version gets longer and longer. Hex could compress it's size
> considerably and we might even want to skip the '.' altogether.

David, I would much rather get 5.5 decimal digits to deal with for an ASN
than  8 unseparated hex digits.  5.5 is about the same as a US ZIP code
(5-4)
in terms of human readability.  It's also on par with many countries
telephone numbers.

Owen

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.