[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv6 Direct assignments to end sites

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Aug 30 16:33:03 EDT 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Kevin Loch wrote:

> Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
>> What's a "statically configured tunnel" ? Does MPLS count? I would
>> not call that a statically configured tunnel. So most L2VPN services
>> are out of the question...
>
> The intent was to explicitly allow statically configured IPv6 over IPv4
> tunnels, not to regulate things L2 or below.  Should it be reworded
> to clarify that?

It shouldn't be there at all. You can do IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel, you can
do IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel, you could do IPv4 over MPLS and some could argue
(depending how MPLS network is designed) its also form of tunnel, etc.
How the ip routing is achieved is beyond scope of ARIN policy, what is
important is that you have ipv6 connectivity from two distinct providers.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net