[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv4 Micro-allocations for anycast services

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Fri Aug 12 12:23:36 EDT 2005

On Aug 12, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Alec H. Peterson wrote:

Hi Alec,

> For example, the issue has less to do with an entity not being able
> to justify enough space for their entire enterprise and more to do
> with the fact that they cannot carve a /24 out of their space for
> fear of having it filtered.  What if an org was required to already
> have an ARIN allocation under the normal criteria to qualify for an
> anycast block?

I'm not sure that's the right idea.  For example, I can multihome
just fine with my ISP assigned block but I can't deploy an inter-as
anycast system with it.  Why should I abuse the micro-allocation or /
22 end-user multihoming policy just to meet an anycast /24 policy?

Or perhaps I misunderstood you.

Thanks,
David Ulevitch