[ppml] Fwd: potpourri

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Thu Aug 4 02:25:54 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 07:56:29PM -1000, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> IETF does need to make a statement because leaving this to the RIRs is
> >> equivalent to leaving the fox in charge of access to the chickens.
>
> and we're supposed to pay attention to what he says?  no thanks.
>
> hostile ipv6 evangelist visionaries have demonstrated the lack of
> their original v6 designs' deployability and have fought viciously
> against every thing that has been done to fix it enough to get even
> a wee bit off the ground.
>
> randy

	if there is -supposed- to be a good relationship with
	the folks who develop protocols & by extention addressing plans,
	and the folks who are supposed to manage/maintain them, then
	I think that all is not well here.  Tony is casting the
	RIR community in a less than flattering light (which I found
	disturbing) and your characterization of some IETF folks as
	"hostile ipv6 evangelist visonaries" may not be seen as
	entirely complimentary.  Is this the type of relationship
	that we should be fostering?

--bill