[ppml] ARIN Certificates

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Thu Apr 21 06:15:06 EDT 2005

> First of all it would be a great thing to have ARIN have CIDR support,
> so one can ask for a prefix instead for having to calculate the netmask
> into class-based addresses, getting two, or more netnames back and
> having to pick one of those. Oh joy global internet ;)

If ARIN is going to put resources into fixing their whois
server, then would it be too much to ask for them to simply
implement the RIPE server software, and jointly develop any
changes necessary, so that the whole world can benefit from
that work? The end result is that ARIN spends less money
and gets more benefits, than if we continue the old insular
practice of hanging on to the first proof-of-concept version
of software tools.

--Michael Dillon