[ppml] ARIN Certificates

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Wed Apr 20 16:33:40 EDT 2005

At 05:51 AM 21/04/2005, Edward Lewis wrote:
>In the members meeting, it was reported that cases of attempted
>registration fraud have been observed.  (Details I don't have...)  I asked
>about uptake on ARIN's certificate service (http://www.arin.net/CA) and
>heard that the community hasn't been taking advantage of this.
>
>Consider this a request for folks with ARIN POC's to look into this service...

In APNIC the update rate for cert-based access has been significantly
higher. Perhaps the reasons for this are based on the observation that a
password-based alternative access mechanism is not a highly secure
mechanism, and also that cert-based access is the only supported access method.

regards

   Geoff Huston