[ppml] Policy Proposal 2005-2: Directory Services Overhaul

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Apr 15 16:07:33 EDT 2005

In a message written on Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 03:56:45PM -0400, Edward Lewis wrote:
> What are the consequences of being suspended?  Just a note in the
> database?  Restrictions from getting more address space?
> Restrictions in editing the database (like adding nameservers, POC's)?

Under the current proposal there are no consequences.

Originally there was a thought to make it impossible to get more
address space if you were suspended, but that seemed overly complex.
So while that does not appear in the policy I've proposed, having
the defined point to insert something like that later was left.

I also don't particularly care one way or another if "SUSPENDED"
is published.  That to me is an implementation detail for staff.
If they find it useful to publish that fact in whois so people know
when they have failed the first round of verification, that's great.
If it's just a checkmark in their procedure that the entity has
failed the first round and no one else ever sees it, that's good
too.  Something for staff to clarify in the procedures, if this
passes.