[ppml] 2005-1 and/or Multi6

Lea Roberts lea.roberts at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 13 18:55:02 EDT 2005

Daniel -

well, perhaps 'all PI users as "mud"' is a good characterization.

what I was thinking of as I wrote SWAMPv6 is that even tho the PI prefixes
would be allocated by ARIN out of a single block, they would still be
individual routes.  They would consume a RIB slot and not be aggregatable.
You could just as easily say that SWAMPv4 was all allocated out of 192/8,
but it is still a large collection of /24 routes that need to be carried
throughout the DFZ.  So, that's my definition of "swamp" - a collection of
long-prefix, non-aggregatable routes.				/Lea