[ppml] 2005-1 and/or Multi6

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Wed Apr 13 13:58:38 EDT 2005

-------Original Message-------

My speculation is that their comment may have been a validation of the the 1AS 1 prefix allocation methodology, given the current contraints of BGP to a 16bit ASN.  But I'm just not sure, I didn't have a chance to followup.

If you extrapolate the 1 prefix/AS, and generally don't change the requirements for an AS, what happens to the IPv6 route table growth curve?

I anticipate the overlay of address space on the edge of the network but I don't necessarily think that that address space will be served by more than 1 AS.

>  What Moore's Law needs is penalties for non-compliance.

So far that means your processor company may go out of business.

:)