[ppml] RE: [arin-announce] NRO Response to ITU Comments on th e Management of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Nov 17 14:55:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Sweeting, John wrote:

> and the point?

That emergence of these RIRs was original goal and not just something
that happened in "last few years".

BTW - In general I completely agree that ITU taking over IPv6 and
assigning blocks on per-country basis is stupid idea and that instead
governments should look about making their concerns heard through RIR
structure or make their case for new RIR if they think their IPv6
requirements are so unique to their country.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net