[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation on draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-central-00.txt, take 2

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Nov 10 08:04:53 EST 2004

In a message written on Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:10:45PM +0100, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why do you feel that a letter from ARIN will
> have more weight than you as an individual taking part in the IETF
> process and giving input directly to the IETF Working Groups?

I don't.

I expect a letter from ARIN will have the same weight as a letter
from any other "person" (since corporations are people in many legal
contexts).

However, I think there is a history that the IETF tends to ignore
someone who says "this won't harm me, but that guy over in the
corner who won't speak up will be harmed, so don't do that."  Since
I really believe ARIN is (in part) an affected party here I think
ARIN should speak up.