[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation on draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-centra l-00.txt, take 2

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Tue Nov 9 16:00:47 EST 2004

> > If we are to create another and 'perhaps' more streamlined means of
> > gathering input without waiting for a Public Policy meeting, then
> > another mechanism needs to formulated and ratified it seems to me.
>
> and why should we wish to avoid face to face and email
> discussion of matters of sufficient seriousity that an
> outside party has asked us for a position?
>
> randy

Didn't say we should in fact when possible that is the preferred means. I
said that for a new process for formal communication other than policy,
there is no process of guaging consensus...let alone...a more streamlined
process that 'perhaps' could be envisioned.

There is, of course, the Board's ability to communicate on behalf of ARIN in
'emergencies' already, but I'm not talking about such urgencies either.

bd