[ppml] Draft ARIN Recomendation on draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-centra l-00.txt, take 2

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Nov 9 12:37:28 EST 2004

> That doesn't mean that we shouldn't work in parallel to find a way to
> communicate important concerns to IETF over the IPv6 issue at hand.  I
just
> don't think a 'formal ARIN' message is possible at this time.

If we are just looking for a communication mechanism, then there
are much simpler possibilities. For instance, consider how
Einar summarizes the mailing list discussions about proposed
policies. Could we do something like this:

1. IETF asks ARIN formally for comment.

2. ARIN posts a request for comments on the PPML list

3. People say what they have to say.

4. An ARIN editor collects it all, maybe summarizes it
   and posts it to the IETF mailing list with pointers
   to the original discussion in the ARIN list archives.

What does this achieve? Mainly, ARIN members can raise
their points in a familiar discussion forum without having
to find an IETF mailing list, subscribe to it, and deal
with whatever local IETF customs and etiquette demand.
The information gets aired, collected and communicated.

Do we need anything more than this?

 --Michael Dillon