[ppml] Policy Proposal 2004-4: Purpose and scope of ARIN Whois Directory

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Mar 29 16:41:05 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:

> >I haven't been following this proposal, so perhaps I'm asking a stupid
> >question, but; does this mean that customers who don't have a qualified
> >staff can't have their address space SWIP'd to them?
>
> No, it doesn't affect SWIP. You can still SWIP everything that
> you do now, however, ARIN will no longer publish all of the
> SWIPs in the whois directory. ARIN has always reserved the
> right to ask for more information than is shown in the whois
> directory if they need that information to analyse your utilization.

I don't agree with this. I would like to see SWIPs published for every
legitimate record and ISPs make a decsision and either accept responsibility
and in that case use simple reassignment and list their own contacts or
they make sure customer accepts responsibility and is contactable and then
its full reassignment or reallocation.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks