[ppml] Bogons etc...

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Jan 21 12:59:42 EST 2004

In a message written on Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:05:33PM +0000, Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:
> But what do we publish? Who is responsible? What
> are the limits?

Agreed.  To that end, I believe each RIR should publish the data
that they control.  I believe the only sticky issue that leaves
is some of the "legacy" we-control-but-don't-control things ARIN
inherited, and for those I think they should publsh the data as
well.

A minimum set of data should be what is "in use" (which does leave
a little room for if a /8 is good enough, or if they should be more
specific, a /8 is a fine starting point though), and what is the
length of assignments the RIR made from that block.