[ppml] Bogons etc...

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Wed Jan 21 08:57:35 EST 2004

.
->
->The thought certainly crossed my mind, but the overall
->programme would still
->need funding (hence the thought about fines). The situation
->would probably
->be even worse for people like LACNIC & APNIC, who are that
->much smaller.
->
->Remember - there's also a complete grievance and appeals
->procedure to fund
->(a gigantic ISP might be unhappy at being taken offline from a single
->mistake by a contractor; as might their customers!)
->
->The principle's great, but.. lots of details that need to function
->consistently, the world over.
->
->Regards,
->
->Ian

let's talk about this for a second:
What does TEAM CYMRU do?
Can it be scaleable?
If 4 volenteers do it now and keep it going, why would you need more than
2 full timers? Ya know so #1 can go on vacation?
And does it even need to be full timers?
ARIN has a website, and a network, can the net admin do BGP?
How would it take a whole ISP offline? IE can you really see 12.0.0.0/8 added as a
bogon? (Sorry AT&T, it was the first IP block I could think of)

Details, well maybe this should be a thought for the ARIN meeting?
Or maybe the wishful dinner conversation?
Or maybe a thought and RFC from the IETF?

Something should be done!

Later,
Jim