[ppml] Proposed policy - Defining Utilization of IPv4 address es

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Fri Feb 20 15:10:40 EST 2004

#4 says that "you must require them" that means you inform them of this
policy either directly or through your own policies/aup when ips are
assigned to organiation. It does not specifically mentions that you must
police them or audit the utilization every time you ask for ips from ARIN
(in fact this is all part of different policy proposal from Michael), but
I would expect that possibility of audit should be mentioned just in case
(ARIN does have that somewhere in their policies, but I never heard them
do it to anybody unless they apply for more ip space or want to transfer
ip block).

I really don't see this as being that different then what is already
being done and the proposal does not seem to state anything new.
I'm not really opposed to it, if others think the existing wording is
unsufficient and we better restate it as separate policy, so be it.