[ppml] Defining Utilization of IPv4 addresses

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Feb 11 17:10:27 EST 2004

I view them as compatible because they are unrelated.  Nothing in the
proposal to define utilization affects 2002-3 because 2002-3 does not
depend on utilization as a criteria.

However, in other policies where utilization is a criteria, the definition
below is a proposal which could normalize how that is applied.  I am not
sure
if it is the correct proposal, but, I agree that it is a good idea for
there to be a consistent definition of utilization.  I am not sure if that
definition should be a policy proposal or if it should be something set by
the AC and ARIN Staff and documented as an adjunct to the policy.

However, I don't think 2002-3 is a reason not to proceed on this.  I
consider
them completely separate and unrelated issues.

Owen

--On Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:24 -0500 Marshall Eubanks

--
If this message was not signed with gpg key 0FE2AA3D, it's probably
a forgery.