[ppml] HD Ratio changes

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Wed Feb 11 10:49:08 EST 2004

>  Also, since we're talking about an allocation/assignment policy,
>shouldn't the HD ratio be applied to the total volume of addresses that
>have been so assigned rather than the count of hosts deployed in that
>address space? I wonder how that would affects the results.

I've been following the various calculation attempts
and I will be providing some tables along with an
explanation of how I reached those numbers. I'm still
working on this to make it as understandable as possible
so I probably won't release it until the proposal has
been formally submitted to ARIN. I plan to provide
both an Excel spreadsheet and a PERL script that do
the exact same calculations and produce the same
tables of comparison.

--Michael Dillon