[ppml] Proposed Policy: PI assignments for V6

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun Dec 12 14:32:30 EST 2004

> Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
> So you are saying that the proposal out of multi6 really
> would be the best way to go, but as someone somewhere has
> reached consensus that this will take 10 years to deploy
> we are going to do PI space anyway? What interests me is
> that I haven't actually seen anyone discuss the multi6
> proposals, I've just seen people saying that they haven't
> studied it.

Kurtis,

The work you have done as co-chair of multi6 is a credit to you (I could
not say the same for your predecessors). Nevertheless, your WG still
hasn't produced anything yet and it's been 10 years. Contrary to what
you think lots of people actually looked at the proposals and lots of
people think none is deployable. The blame largely comes from before you
were appointed but the bottom line is that you missed the launch windows
by 4 years at best.

I will remind you the words of Randy Bush, then-AD when he appointed
you: "Shuffling desk chairs on the Titanic". There are enough people
that have followed this story over the last 10 years, are you trying to
say that your ship floats now? Please, you don't even have a single
proposal as a WG document. Come back to us when you actually have
something.

Michel.