[ppml] Provider Independence???

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Thu Dec 9 12:09:04 EST 2004

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/tsb-director/itut-wsis/files/zhao-netgov02.doc
> > (yes, its a word file)).
>
> in the name of the digital divide.  brought to you by the folk
> who brought you the analog divide and help maintain it today.

Thank you for your succint, uninformed knee-jerk opinion.
Those who have read the ITU document will know that it is
not proposing any form of geographic addressing. It is suggesting
that some IPv6 addresses should be allocated according to
national political boundaries.

On the other hand, I am suggesting that the geographic
addresses allowed for in the IPv6 RFCs should be allocated
in a way that ignores political boundaries but does take
into account the physical topology of network connections.

Disagree with this if you will, but please do not mix
it up with unrelated activities.

--Michael Dillon