[ppml] RE: Process improvement for Repeat Proposals

Azinger, Marla marla_azinger at eli.net
Wed Dec 1 15:25:01 EST 2004

Tracey and Bill Thank you for waking up!  ha ha

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to point out the limitting/cutting off
discussion aspect.  But you do have a point that if we focus on the 3
pillars you made...it should go alot smoother.

Here is my suggestion on how we support these 3 Pillars of proposal
discussion.

1.  Well structured = This can be acheived through the slide review I
suggested?

2.  Tighly managed  = Limit the time or quantity of remarks in regards to
already "debated" topics.  Someone would have to be responsible for managing
this and ensuring it is abided by.  They would have to open the mic in an
organized manner.

Open Mic Management measures:
For example:  Open the mic in order of topic 1, topic 2 then open mic for
new topics within that policy.  obviously we can move to close an old topic
discussion within that policy and move on to topic 2 or open mic for new
topics if no one chooses to debate any given one again.

Topic Debate Management Measures:
For example: Open the mic for 5 minutes per topic debate or instead of time
go for quantity of remaks and allow 1 to 2 pro's and con's of that topic.
This above rule would only apply to previously discussed topics/debates.
New topics not brought up previously would not apply to this rule but would
in essense be discussed until all points within a reasonable expectation are
addressed.

3.  Directed towards achieving consensus (now)  = Someone keeps track of the
different debated topics and their summaies in a votable manner. Then that
person or the proposal writer leads everyone through an organized vote based
off the topic/debate summaries. Maybe we even change process and take a
break from that proposal being discussed in order to redo the slide and then
make votes based off of the new updated slide?

Thank you for your time
Marla
Electric Lightwave