[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Mon Sep 29 13:26:03 EDT 2003

      On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Owen DeLong wrote:
    > They are not yet operating as an RIR, and, there is no set date when they
    > will start operating as an RIR.  They have no documented RIR policies, and,
    > they have no IANA blocks from which to allocate.  All of those would need
    > to be in place before I considered an AfriNIC RIR anything on which policy
    > decisions within ARIN should be considered.

On the contrary...  If they were already an RIR, none of this would
matter, since they'd be handling it within the context of an AfriNIC
meeting.  As the world _actually_ stands, they're still compelled to
handle their business within the context of an ARIN meeting, whether you
like it or not.  Whether they like it or not.  They need to solve their
problem within an ARIN policy context, and that's _completely_ orthoganal
to your desire to make microallocation policies in the US and Canada.

                                -Bill