[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for theAfrica Portion of the ARIN Region

Bruce Eastman bruce.eastman at adelphia.com
Thu Sep 25 08:46:40 EDT 2003

> I find it hard to believe that the ARIN's expenditures are remotely
> justified for an operation that should be run by a couple of
> unixy/sql/perl/c folks, a small help desk crew, some billing folks who
> don't need post-it notes to keep track of who has paid what, and a
> couple of heads to evaluate applications for new space or AS number
> allocations.

What color is the sky in your world?

This list is not the appropriate place for a battle of wits over how ARIN's
funds
are spent, and the lack of work that you claim the ARIN staff is doing,
especially
when you come unarmed.

I notice that you have all the answers. Yet, I fail to find your name of the
ARIN Members
Meeting Attendee list. ARIN is a non-profit Organization that is governed by
Polices
and guidelines set forth by the members. These polices and guidlines, along
with the
ARIN expenditures. are all discussed at the members meetings. If you feel
you have
a better way, well I quess you better get your name on that list.

The people of ARIN are all hard working individuals, who are doing  a great
job
despite people like you taking unwarranted jabs at them. It is very easy to
say,
"I can do it better" I would love to see you run ARIN, with even 2/3 's the
number
of people that are there now. Trust me, when I tell you,  you would be doing
nothing
but, answering the phone, explaining to the person on the other end, "
Sorry, this is
late, we will get that right out". It will be real hard to keep that two day
turn-around
time on the hundreds of templates that come in, when your phones ringing off
the hook
with late complaints, because your couple of  "unixy/sql/perl/c folks" are
tied up fixing the
things, that can, and will go wrong, and your post-it notes are in the
trash.

Bruce Eastman
Senior IP Analyst
Adelphia Communications