[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Sep 24 14:46:35 EDT 2003

In a message written on Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:21:13AM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I don't know if I can do this on the list or not, but, I hereby formally
> propose that proposal 2002-3 be amended to include both allocations and
> assignments.
>
> Leo, would you like to second this amendment?

Not just yet. :)  Before we go down that road yet again, we have
the following options:

1) Amend 2002-3 to include allocations and assignments.

2) Create a new policy, identical to 2002-3 with
   s/assignments/allocations/g, and allow both to be voted on
   separately.

3a) Create a new proposal with possible changes (initial move, final
    prefix length, ramp up period, etc) that includes both.

3b) Create a two new proposals and allow them to be voted on separately.

I lean towards #1, as Owen proposed, but also would be quite willing
to consider 3a if we could find a way to make it even more likely
to pass that didn't upset the technical merit of the proposal.

To that end, I'd ask if we amended 2002-3 to include both, and you would
then expect you'd vote AGAINST the proposal, please let us all know why
so we can see if it is something we could address, or if it is just an
item on which we don't see eye to eye.