[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Wed Sep 24 11:46:29 EDT 2003

Hello Leo,

> So, is ARIN or RIPE assigning space in Africa?  From the
> discussion so far it seems both are assigning space.  This
> surprises me, as I thought things had been divided up
> geographically.  I don't think we want two (or more) people
> assinging space to the same group.

APNIC, ARIN, and RIPE NCC all provide registration services
in Africa, but not all to the same countries.  The Africa
service region is currently split between these three RIRs.
Information about which RIR provides services to particular
countries is available at:

http://www.arin.net/library/internet_info/countries.html

Best Regards,

-Richard Jimmerson